Whether you pronounce it with a long “i” as in “height” or to rhyme with “feet” having cellulite on your body can be very frustrating especially if you watch your nutrition and spend many hours working out in the gym. Cellulite is a type of fat that is visible on the surface of the skin and has a dimpled appearance like cottage cheese or orange peels. It’s usually found on the thighs and buttocks and is influenced by genetics, hormones and a high-stress/sedentary lifestyle.
Here are some tips on how you can smooth cellulite naturally:
1) Make a scrub using sea salt, ground almonds, ground walnuts or ground coffee beans and apply by the handfuls in a circular motion to your damp skin after you’ve showered to exfoliate your skin.
2) You can mix these coarse ingredients with your favorite cooking oils such as olive or sunflower oil to make a wetter paste.
3) Alternatively, you can brush your skin with a body brush, loofah or exfoliating glove.
4) Apply a body wrap made from mud, clay or seaweed to help detoxify your body.
5) Soak in the tub to relax, rejuvenate and detoxify your body for at least 30 minutes once a week.
6) Get regular massages to boost circulation and reduce stress.
7) You can also add essential oils that have been noted to minimize cellulite such as bay, cypress, fennel, geranium, grapefruit, juniper, lemon, lime, mandarin, orange, oregano, patchouli, rosemary, Spanish sage and thyme to your scrubs, massage oils and detoxifying body wraps.
8) Stay active and don’t spend your days sitting for hours on end. Get up and move around for at least 5 minutes once an hour.
9) Stay hydrated by drinking lots of filtered water and green tea.
10) Fuel and nourish your body with healthy foods that are bursting with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
I hope you find these tips useful. Let me know which ones work for you.